Monday 5 December 2011

A few of my favourite reads...

By way of introduction...

Clearly, I'm new to these book-blogging parts, and so I thought that a good introduction might be to link to a few reviews of mine across a few genres and give you (the generic reader I assume is out there, somewhere) an idea of my reviews.

I've dropped back on my review writing this year, and in fact the three books to which I've so far given five-star ratings on Goodreads are all still in my "to review" shelf.  Most of that shelf is now going to have to get cleared out through me having forgotten what I wanted to write about.

So, instead you get links to a selection of books that I have reviewed, across the past four years that I've been recording my books on Goodreads:

Five star reviews


The Emperor's Babe by Bernadine Evaristo

The Colour of Water by James McBride

The Arrival by Shaun Tan

If You Come Softly by Jacqueline Woodson

Black Chicks Talking by Leah Purcell

Secrets of the Red Lantern, by Pauline Nguyen, Luke Nguyen and Mark Jensen

Four star review


The Rage of Sheep by Michelle Cooper

Three star review


Blue Bloods by Melissa de la Cruz (but my rating of the next two in the series is four stars)

No comments:

Post a Comment