Friday 4 May 2012

Queer Australian Women Writers

As readers can see from my sidebar, I have a few different challenges that I've set myself this year.  One is to read books by Australian Women, another by queer (LGBT) writers, and a third for books by writers who are not white.  If I read a book by a queer Australian woman who isn't white, I get to count it for all three challenges.

So, I'm trying to compile a list of authors who tick the AWW box and at least one other.  I'd love to hear more suggestions, as well as corrections if I've mis-identified anyone.

Queer Australian other-than-white women writers
1.  Vivien Cleven

Queer white Australian women writers

  1. Lindy Cameron
  2. Rachel Cook
  3. Sophie Cunningham
  4. Portia de Rossi
  5. Kelly Gardiner
  6. Fiona McGregor
  7. Clare McNab
  8. Sue-Ann Post
  9. Sarah Walker
(So far I haven't managed to find any Lindy Cameron or Clare McNab available from local libraries.  Must keep working on that.)

So, intrepid readers of this blog: any additions?

No comments:

Post a Comment