Monday 9 July 2012

Review: Without Consent


Without Consent
Without Consent by Kathryn Fox

My rating: 4 of 5 stars



I was introduced to Kathryn Fox by a library user who wanted to find out about the newest book but couldn't remember Fox's name. Once we'd solved that puzzle, I took a look at the books, and realised that there was a significant similarity between Fox's story and an ABC miniseries from many years ago. I'm not even certain what to look for if I wanted to find the miniseries.

But Fox is a ridiculously popular author, and I couldn't get at "Malicious Intent", the first book in the series. And after a few intense books in a row, I wanted something more genre and straight forward, and in trying out Kathryn Fox, I think I've found a new favourite. I've loved Fairstein and Reichs and O'Connell in my time, and Fox is entirely in their vein.

In reading "Without Consent" I've really loved Anya Crichton - she's a great character. I'm looking forward to more of her stories as I can read more books by Fox.

As for this book in particular: It seemed to me a difficult topic carefully covered. The final sequence was as dramatic as one could wish for, but not entirely unrealistic. In short, I really did enjoy it at least as much as the mid-high level Fairstein's and Reichs'. (No one yet has met Kate Wilhelm for pure awesomeness.)



View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment