Wednesday 24 April 2013

Where I am up to Wednesday

I've recently finished...
Born to Rule, which I've reviewed, and The Declaration by Gemma Malley, which I've been wanting to read ever since it was published but only just got to this week because a kid at the library could not believe that The Declaration (which we have in the original pink hardcover) was part of the same series as The Resistance (in green and black) and The Legacy (purple and silver with a poppy).  And I've finished the first book of the series in a little over twenty-four hours.

I abandoned Laurie Graham's A Humble Companion.  Just couldn't get into it - the prose wasn't engaging, the narrative boring and plodding.  There's just not enough time.

I'm currently reading...
Pray for Me in Santiago.  Still going.  Not even at Leon yet, while my friend who actually walked from Leon to Santiago has completed her walk and is back home again.

The Misunderstood Jew: The Church and the Scandal of the Jewish Jesus, by Amy Jill Levine.  This book is for book club - our meeting is next week.  It's yet another one of those problematic, annoying books that talk about a church I don't recognise at all.

Next I plan to read...
The Desmond Tutu I mentioned last time; God is not a Christian, and the second in Gemma Malley's Declaration series, The Resistance.  I also really want to get back into Kwaymullina's Ashala Wolf, a far darker dystopia than Malley's, at least for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment